Employers have a legal obligation to maintain a safe work environment for their employees and their customers. Knowing whether an applicant has been involved in substance abuse and other reckless personal behavior to theft or violent crime is vital to determining if an applicant poses a potential threat to other employees or customers.
You can reduce your exposure to negligent hiring liability by running background checks on potential employees. Background checks provide documentation that an employer has taken “reasonable care” in the hiring process.
Employers Resource Plus offers a number of background checks that are Fair Credit Reporting Act compliant.
Available background screening includes:
- Federal Criminal Check
- State Law Enforcement Check
- County Criminal Check
- National Sex Offender & Violent Abuse Registry
- OFAC – Terrorist Watch List
- FACIS Levels I, II, III
- Employee E-Verify & I-9 Solution
- Employment Verification
- Education Verification
- Professional/Personal References
- DOT Employment Verification
- Professional License Verification
- Driving History
- Employee Credit Report